Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Did RB write this story?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did RB write this story?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi folks,

I'm trying to remember whether it was Mr. Bradbury who wrote a short story, I believe it was called "The Small Asassin" or close to that. It was about a baby that tries to(and succeeds) in killing its parents, for the crime of bringing it out of the womb. The ending is of the suspicious doctor coming to the house, holding a scalpel, trying to lure the evil baby out of its hiding place.

Anyway if it is RB's work, can someone tell me what collection it's in? And if it's not his, does anyone know who wrote it?

Thanks for any info.
Nicole

Posts: 1 | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the story is "The Small Assassin", and it's one of Ray's best (and most anthologized) stories. It also appears in the following Bradbury collections: DARK CARNIVAL (in print via an expensive re-issue of the Arkham House original from Gauntlet Press), OCTOBER COUNTRY (still in print), THE STORIES OF RAY BRADBURY (Knopf, 1980, and still in print as a hardcover), and A MEMORY OF MURDER (an out-of-print paperback collection of Ray's stories from the detective pulps). Hope that helps!

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post