Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    RAY BRADBURY EASTER EGG!!!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RAY BRADBURY EASTER EGG!!!
 Login/Join

posted
For those of you who do not know what an easter egg is, it's a hidden reference to something else in a book, story, movie, etc. you can find more at www.eeggs.com

On the cover of "One More For The Road"
(i have the one with the hitch-hiking skeleton), there is a road sign on the right side of the cover that says "451", and obvious reference to "Fahrenheit 451"

At first i thought it might have been a mistake, but then i saw the cover with Laurel and Hardy and everybody else in the car, and, sure enough, there was the very same road sign (this time at the BOTTOM of the cover) with the "451".

Just something that's kind of cool.

[This message has been edited by trixta (edited 06-24-2003).]

Posts: 10 | Registered: 20 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trixta, caught both eggs, how did you like the typography of his name on the hardbacks dustcover. I bought the paperback just for the cover, the skeleton is classic.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought that the name on the dustcover was very clever, mixing both first and last name. And, yes, the skeleton is classic. his expression and posture is just golden.

Posts: 10 | Registered: 20 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post