Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Here There Be Tygers & Frost and Fire

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here There Be Tygers & Frost and Fire
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone read these short stories? Simply beautiful. Tygers portrayed a fabulous world of fanciness and dreams. Could you imagine stumbling upon such paradise? Frost and Fire. Just remembering such a tale sends chills up my spine. The brutality of such a civilization confounds me, and yet is is all these people know. Sim's intense desire to live and change his short life is amazing, considering he never knew of another life. To live a lifetime in eight days is unthinkable to me. Does it not amaze you the life of these people?

Posts: 6 | Location: Washington, US | Registered: 17 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have read both of the stories, but not recently. In fact, I find it hard to remember the details from the stories, so I should re-read them.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Highly recommended. I was currently in history seminar when I began Frost and Fire, and couldn't put it down! Failed the lecture exam however..

Posts: 6 | Location: Washington, US | Registered: 17 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not for years. Also due for a reread.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are the epitome of Bradbury's works in my opinion Cool

Posts: 7 | Location: United States | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post