Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Looking for Short Story Title
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Short Story Title
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I just bought this story (I hope I got the right one!) on Amazon.com under the title "A Story of Love: And Other Non-Science Fiction Stories by Ray Bradbury"

Posts: 5 | Location: NJ | Registered: 26 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Kira7, and welcome to the board! You've found a book I'd never seen before - I would be very interested to know what the contents are. When you receive it, would you be so kind as to come back and post a list of the titles it contains?

I see from the picture on Amazon that it says "Lire en Anglais" - so this appears to be a French book, but with English text.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes, definately! and thank you! I plan on sending it to an old teacher I had when I was 15; we had a similiar tale, and in fact when it first came out I was about to move to Los Angeles so it was eerily familiar and what was weirder was the drawer accompanying the story: it looked like an exact drawing of my teacher!! I had written Mr Bradbury about it, asking him if it was a true story (because I assumed it was about he, himself) and he said yes it was! I should have asked him if the drawing was an actual drawing from his recollection but I didn't- I do plan on writing him again, altho it's been years (omg I was 15 and now am 43! My teacher is 52!) to ask him about the drawing because it is so startling. I do believe it is a case of reincarnation: 100%!!

Posts: 5 | Location: NJ | Registered: 26 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oh! and yes it is like a French reader to learn English! and what is fantastic about this is she was my FRENCH TEACHER!!! Razzer

posted Hide Post
Zut alors!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah, the coincidences are amazing! I plan to send it anonymously though in case she thinks me mad (!!!)

posted Hide Post
I got the book today: Ray Bradbury A Story of Love and Other Non-Science Fiction Stories (Lire En Anglais)- It contains: A Story of Love, The Utterly Perfect Murder, Calling Mexico, The Town Where No One Got Off, The Leave-Taking, Farewell Summer, and A Scent of Sarsaparilla.