Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Who is in most danger?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who is in most danger?
 Login/Join

posted
It seems Will, Jim and Charles are both in immediate danger throughout the whole book. Will constantly gives into helping other people and worrying about his family and friends. Jim has deep desires to be something else and live life through a different age. And Charles is so lost for most of the book, spending his time distant from love and family. Whats your opinion of the most dangered person?

Posts: 12 | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Charles is the most endangered. One of my problems with the book is that Will's desire to help others is his flaw that hurts him when it comes to the carnival. Jim has less to lose than the others because he has tried to not be attached as much so as not to be hurt, like he told his mom. Charles has lived with failure as a father and if he fails again he even thinks to himself that he will live with that the rest of his life. Charles has more to worry about since he has been given a second chance.

i'm awesome

Posts: 26 | Location: earth | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would say that Jim is in the most danger because he is the one that was soooo excited about the canival and mesmerized by all the things that were going on with it and that will led to his downfall. On the other hand Charles and Will were weary of the canival and knew that something bad was coming and that will help them out in not getting caught up with everything that is going to happen!
Amber D.

Posts: 17 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe Mr. Dark is in most danger. He is going to get what is coming to him. But to relate to the three you asked about I think Jim is in most danger. Jim is the most likely to lose himself in the carnival and have a downfall. The freaks are really getting to him and then he gets lost after escaping the Mirrors.

Kali

Posts: 15 | Registered: 28 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Charles seems very untuned to his child's life until the carnival-- It is very cool that he comes out to help,but it was almost too late! Jim, seems very lost and in my opinion gets them in the trouble they are today. Will and Charles are working on getting things fixed, while Jim is causing more

Posts: 11 | Registered: 28 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that they are all in immediate danger but I think Charles is in the most danger. The carnival is based around your age it can make you younger or older, and it is also on your emotions. Charles is very worried about his age and makes himself seem older that he is. It seems to me he is the easiest target to become the next freak in the carnival.

Posts: 8 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that Jim is the one that's in the most danger through out the stoy because he wants to get older and that they know how to get to him.

Posts: 9 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hannibal-luver:
It seems Will, Jim and Charles are both in immediate danger throughout the whole book. Will constantly gives into helping other people and worrying about his family and friends. Jim has deep desires to be something else and live life through a different age. And Charles is so lost for most of the book, spending his time distant from love and family. Whats your opinion of the most dangered person?

I would say that Jim is most danger. He is the one that is so intent on being older than he is at the moment and doesn't want to take the time just to grow up. The carnival knows that so he is a primary target.

Posts: 19 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have to say Jim because he was willing to trade an entire childhood for something he knew nothing about.

Posts: 10 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have to say that Jim is the person in most danger because he doesn't seem like he has any cae about possible danger or harm to himself or anyone else. He doesn't care about the dangers of the carnival. Instead he continues to go back to the carnival.

"The current science fiction writers are a bunch of jerks. As for cyberpunk, it's crap -- you can't read it."--Ray Bradbury

Posts: 22 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to go with the ones thinking that Jim is in the most danger. Jim is the boy that doesn't think things through before he does them. He doesn't think about what will happen to him if he gets on the merry go round thing. He just knows what he wants and goes for it.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 28 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjr287:
I have to go with the ones thinking that Jim is in the most danger. Jim is the boy that doesn't think things through before he does them. He doesn't think about what will happen to him if he gets on the merry go round thing. He just knows what he wants and goes for it.

Which also symbolizes a lot of kids now a days...though it may not be a age changing carousel but if kids see something they want, they run right out for it...nevermind the consequences or rules!

Posts: 12 | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that Jim is in the most danger, because he is so caught up with everything at the carnival and a lot of times I think he loses track of what is going on around him. He is so focused on the carnival and becoming older that he doesn't realize how much danger could come to him.

Posts: 18 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I consider Charles to be the one in the most danger because he is so distant from everyone for so long. He seems like he is the most vulnerble since he wants to be accepted so bad from his son.

Posts: 20 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believed that Jim was in the most danger all throughout the book, because he has such a desire to be older. I was proved right at the end of the book, because Jim can not resist and does end up riding the merry-go-round, and becomming older. The rest of his life, he will have to deal with that, deal with being older, even though no one but Charles and Willl know about it.

"If God does not exist, one will lose nothing by believing in him, while if he does exist, one will lose everything by not believing." -Blaise Pascal

Posts: 14 | Registered: 28 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post