Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

affair
 Login/Join

posted
do you think montag had an affair with clarrise??

Posts: 5 | Location: wausau,wi,US | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure it was possible but idk

Posts: 7 | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah what do you think!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by dandelion (edited 11-19-2004).]

Posts: 5 | Location: Wausau,WI,54403 | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i dunno... i think so

n_n*

Posts: 19 | Location: wausau, WI | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, thats a gimme.

Posts: 18 | Location: Wausau | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah big time! Yeppers big time!

Posts: 4 | Location: Wausau WI, 54401 | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely not. It was a pure, bright-burning, intellectual love!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with Dandelion on this. Neither the text nor context support a physical affair. I don't think the text even provides room for serious discussion on it. But what if she had not disappeared? Would they have ended up having an affair? That seems possible -- after the turmoil, perhaps they would have ended up as a bookpeople couple.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 11-19-2004).]

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We didn't have sex in the '50s. We just held hands and made babies.

Posts: 257 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think we've got another spate of kids having to read F451 and getting excited about chatting on this site (Wasau in this case, a la the Lemont H.S. glut awhile ago.) Some actual intelligent inquisitiveness, but mostly jejune inane babble.

[This message has been edited by Braling II (edited 11-19-2004).]

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stupid question. It's a pop culture generational question.

Any other time, the question was never thought of to be asked for the very reason that there was no suggestion of it in the text.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a classroom environment, even "questionable" questions can sometimes lead to useful and interesting discussion.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True. And ANY sort of discussion is better than roaring silence.

Posts: 149 | Location: Ostend, Belgium | Registered: 11 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark:

That was a stupid question. No matter how you cut it. There is no end to stupid questions. Somewhere, someplace...you draw the line and say THIS is a Stupid Question!

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While it's pretty clear to me that they didn't have a physical affair, they had the kind of relationship that had an impact on each others's lives.

Some women have told me that an emotional relationship outside the marriage one is very, very threatening.

I hardly ever disagree with you, but on this one I think the question was open-ended enough that in a classroom discussion, some interesting avenues could have been pursued.

So, from my perspective, the question had a pretty easy answer -- if you just take it at face value.