Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wicked Quotes
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Bradbury's choice of words are all his own style. Every writer needs something to sepearte themselves from the rest and Ray Bradbury does this by describing things in ways people would not ordinarily think. I personally like his stlye of writing because it paints an image in your mind.

"The current science fiction writers are a bunch of jerks. As for cyberpunk, it's crap -- you can't read it."--Ray Bradbury

Posts: 22 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think cloning is stupid, why clone when you can go to bed with someone and make a baby, that just stupid

Posts: 15 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I totally agree with chris. If you want another human being that bad then make one the right way. None of this playing God crap.

Posts: 10 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like when Charles is forcing Will to dance with him while his best friend is dead on the ground...Bradbury describes Charles expressions like....
As Charles Halloway pulled faces, poppped his eyes, mashed his nose, winked, cavorted like chimpanzee-ape, waltzed with wind, tap-danced the dust...

Bradbury describes all those in such different terms than normal people. Its really fun to read and acknowledge.

Posts: 12 | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AVILA_B-BALL:
I think cloning is stupid, why clone when you can go to bed with someone and make a baby, that just stupid

Well that takes way to long for the baby to grow up and do the things you needed the clone for. Although I do think cloning is a bad idea.

Posts: 12 | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First off, I think this thread is a good example of how TV has affected thought patterns and attention span. Why do these young people expect/want things to be short/simple?
Second, do they think clones just pop into existence full-grown? (Sounds like they need to do some more difficult reading.)
Also on the subject of cloning- Did anyone else see a news article not too long ago about someone cloning a (gelded) championship racehorse, for breeding purposes? Hmmmm...

Posts: 28 | Location: Bakersfield, CA | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calichic86:
Bradbury's choice of words are all his own style. Every writer needs something to sepearte themselves from the rest and Ray Bradbury does this by describing things in ways people would not ordinarily think. I personally like his stlye of writing because it paints an image in your mind.

I completly agree with you, I read an interview with Bradbury and he said that he has these voices in his head. I think only he can understand them, and he tells others about them by writing.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hannibal-luver:
I like when Charles is forcing Will to dance with him while his best friend is dead on the ground...Bradbury describes Charles expressions like....
As Charles Halloway pulled faces, poppped his eyes, mashed his nose, winked, cavorted like chimpanzee-ape, waltzed with wind, tap-danced the dust...

Bradbury describes all those in such different terms than normal people. Its really fun to read and acknowledge.

I agree with you. Can you imagine how Will feels when his Dad is trying to get him to dance and sing with all the commotion, and evil. Bradbury explains the situation so in depth that it is almost as though you are there yourself.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AVILA_B-BALL:

I comletely agree with you, if you want something you have to go get it for yourself. Cloning is dangerous and very risky.