Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    What Ray Bradbury book do you like most?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Ray Bradbury book do you like most?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
F-451 is my personal favorite. I like it because it is a timeless reminder about why the Founding Fathers wrote the First Amendment into the Constitution.

I feel that above all of Ray's stories, it will always stand the test of time, like 'Brave New World,' and '1984.' Smiler

I like to think that (secretly) Ray knows this too...

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like a Medicine of Meloncholy, the title story always lifts me, and sets off my romance zone, I like reading it to my wife when she is feeling down... That, and Hopscotch. Mr Bradbury is prime when writing about LOVE love.

Posts: 49 | Location: Ogden, Utah. | Registered: 05 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Illustrated Man first, and then the Martian Chronicles.

It's very hard to decide because everything he's written is touched with so much magic, everything he's written is touched with magic and has a timeless appeal. My sons are only six and four, and I look forward to the day they can enjoy his stories too.

Posts: 17 | Location: Royal Oak, MI | Registered: 19 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DITTO!!! well said

uncle

Posts: 49 | Location: Ogden, Utah. | Registered: 05 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite book is Fahrenheit 451, that book just knocked me out when I read it, and I've read some really heavy duty stuff.

Second would be Something Wicked This Way Comes, what an odd, dark, sick story that was. Luvved it.

Also, The Halloween Tree is one of my special favorites as well, every Halloween I watch my video of the animated version.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm shocked no one, it seems, has yet to say Dandelion Wine. So I will.

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would be mine if I were forced to make a choice, but I dislike being forced to make a choice.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey to everybody!I think every Bradbury's story or novel is wonderful and unique!It concerns not only sense but language too. Almost every word of his is a metaphor or any other stylistic device which produces a tremendous effect on a reader bringing him/her into the narration!As for my favourite one it's Dandelion Wine.I liked it because it's probably one of the most philosophic works of his. Moreover it's a bit autobiographical. I admire the way he managed to join all the pieces of reality (I mean different spheres of life and different consepts of his imagination) into the plot of a boy's 3-month growing up.Seems you become the hero youself and open the world again!!!

Posts: 6 | Registered: 30 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uncle, just a comment. My cousin's husband works on the crew of Everwood. He see that the vanity trailers are at the locations when they need to be. Their daughter worked one season as a location finder for their shoots.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[B]My all time favorite is: My all time favorite is The Golden Apples of the Sun - I'm rereading it right now! 1950's SciFi if the best. Ray's a genius![B]

Posts: 2 | Location: Seattle WA | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion Wine has always been my favorite novel and I eagerly await the sequel," Farewell Summer"

Posts: 86 | Registered: 31 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an advanced copy of the book and so far have been enjoying it very much. It is an extension of Dandelion Wine and the adventures of Doug Spaulding and his brother in Green Town.

As I read more I will mention more, but not to ruin it for anyone.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. "The Martian Chronicles" is as good as the Burroughs stories of Barsoom - better!
2. "Dandelion Wine" is a thing of aesthetic beauty.
3. "Something Wicked This Way Comes" is a perfect autumn horror.
4. "Dark Carnival" is a fine early collection of dark fantasy.

That's just the top four. Even below average Bradbury stands head and shoulders above 90% of the fiction available.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post