Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    All Alone........

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All Alone........
 Login/Join

posted
Well, I'm still the only one here. It's 2:20 A.M. my time.

Reminds me of the episode of Twilight Zone where the guy flips the coin in the beggars cup and the coin lands on end. Everyone freezes in place, as if a child shouted "RED LIGHT!" Only the coin flippin' dude is still able move around, and at first he thinks it's neat because he can do anything he wants and steal anything he wants.

Well, if it was me.....

I would have stripped every single person naked.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ME TOO!

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

Posts: 113 | Location: Kensington, Maryland, USA | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
grasstains,

yeah, but THAT guy was on national TV. Nudity was not an option!

Anyway, why this concern that you're the only one here? How can you tell? How does the time shown for each post match real time? It's 9.01pm where I am, but what time does the message board say it is?

- Phil

[This message has been edited by philnic (edited 05-20-2004).]

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic:

Message Board here says.... 3:59PM... which is the time you started writing the message....

9:01PM is when you finished the message.... meaning ... a 5 hr. difference between you over there and others over here....

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My time's fine, as far as I can see.
Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
*Sigh*--the one night I read instead of coming here, someone gets on the board alone and freaks out....

"Twilight Zone" wasn't on last night, so I figured may as well read...and it seems you've confused "A Kind of Stopwatch" (the time-stopping) with "A Penny for Your Thoughts" (mind-reading.) Very different outcomes there.

Yeah, I've been accused of staying up even later than I actually do ("The Lateness of the Hour"--another TZ ep) because the time on the posts is different than the actual time where I am.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, the coin flippin' dude read minds?
And the stopwatch guy froze time?

It's all coming back to me now.
Didn't the watch break?
Or am I now confusing that with Burgess Meredith's reading glasses?

I guess I've hit that age when things start to blur. I don't have cable T.V., so it's been a long time since I've seen TZ. I've thought about getting the DVD set. FUTURAMA, THE SIMPSONS, X-Files, I could watch all of these over and over again.

I wonder if ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS and THE RAY BRADBURY THEATER are due for the DVD box set treatment any time soon.

On E-Bay I found the box set of STAR TREK (The Animated Series)

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 05-21-2004).]

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a penny for your thoughts is one of my favorite TZs ever. it has the husband from bewitched in it! anyway, i also like the stopwatch one, aend in the last simpsons halloween bart and milhouse got in the same sorta fix. it took them like 10 years to fix the watch

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

Posts: 113 | Location: Kensington, Maryland, USA | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't strip EVERYBODY naked, i mean what about family members? and like people of the same sex? unless that floats your oat

Posts: 16 | Registered: 10 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grasstains and TaoistBoy, perhaps you need to be over at this fan site. http://j-walk.com/nbaker/index.htm It sounds as if you and he think alike.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post