Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Dial Double Zero
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dial Double Zero
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
"Ray Bradbury: The Story of a Writer", featuring the short story "Dial Double Zero" is available to watch and download - free of charge...

When I click on the (only) link to "watch/download", it plays in Quicktime. How do I actually download it to keep (and burn)? Anyone know? (philnic will know, surely)

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, having downloaded the MPEG4 file from Archive.org, I don't think free IS better that fifteen pounds and change. The DVD copy I bought is much more watchable.

I didn't know that about Davis Grubb. I must read the book.

What a small world. Laughton persuaded Bradbury to write the first stage play of F451 (which Bradbury says was terrible), Bradbury taught Grubb, Sanders filmed Bradbury.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually, having downloaded the MPEG4 file from Archive.org, I don't think free IS better that fifteen pounds and change. The DVD copy I bought is much more watchable.

Point taken.

quote:
I didn't know that about Davis Grubb. I must read the book.

Indeed you must!

quote:
What a small world.
That's what Disney always said!

So how do I download it?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
So how do I download it?

On the left side of the page it says "Play/Download", and underneath is a link that says "MPEG4". That is a link to a 209MB download.

To save you some time, here's a direct link:

http://www.archive.org/download/RayBradburyStoryOfAWrit...tory_of_a_Writer.mp4

On a Windows PC, you should right-click on the link above and choose "Save File As..." No idea what the equivalent manouevre is on a Mac.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, thanks.

I right-clicked and "saved link as...".

They fooled me with their simplicity.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Manouevre is a good word. Or maneuver, or manoeuvre.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Three good words, all impossible to spell.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Speaking of Dial Double Zero, I believe that is one of the stories Donn mentioned to me yesterday which will be included in a new collection due out next year.

It is to be a collection of all the Bradbury scripts for TV which were never produced, including a couple Serling bought for the Zone but never filmed.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Wow! That's my kind of book.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow! That's my kind of book.

Donn must justify his time spent digging thru the garage!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Hey, Phil! I shoulda' known you had that in your trove of vastness. "Aug, 08" post ~ we were hiking in Maine and I missed this timeless video. You must agree, his message remains the same today. "Don't think!" As the sign stated in his work area. Just be passionate of that which you do! Sound advice for even the likes of me.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a song by The Fall named “Telephone Thing” that always felt was inspired by this short story. Can anyone verify this?

‘I hear you telephone thing listening in, listening in”

alexchavezartist.com

Posts: 1 | Location: Taos, NM | Registered: 08 April 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by axxxl:
There is a song by The Fall named “Telephone Thing” that always felt was inspired by this short story. Can anyone verify this?

‘I hear you telephone thing listening in, listening in”

Or Wichita Lineman!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
You're probably going to hate me for posting this, but here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndwIxHkVIkE

Okay, that was kind of mean. Here is a better one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PT2uQXvKx4

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

I just came across this video. You can also watch it at the link below (betting most here are aware already, but sharing just in case) as well as the above links.

Does anyone know if this story has since been published, the last post I see in this thread saying it hasn't been published yet was from 2003, any chance things have changed since?

Link to video:

https://exhibits.americanwrite...ry-inextinguishable/

Thanks!

"If they live forever. why not me?"

-Timothy in From the Dust Returned

Posts: 5 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 21 April 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post