Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    What Are You Reading? II
Page 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 60

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Are You Reading? II
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Just finished Jeffery Deavers' "The Bodies Left Behind". A corker!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
I just re-read "Lorelei of the Red Mist" by Leigh Brackett and Ray, in the collection "3 X Infinity". Not very good, really.
Here's a blurb about it:

http://webcache.googleusercont...ource=www.google.com

I think I have that PLANET STORIES.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bullet Trick.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An interesting book about the 70s SmilerSmilerSmiler

By blackglove at 2011-06-24

"Once a Ray Bradbury fan, always a Ray Bradbury fan!"Smiler

Posts: 32 | Location: Bermuda Triangle | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Who Has Seen The Wind" by W.O. Mitchell. If you like "Dandelion Wine" you may enjoy this.

Who Has Seen the Wind

Posts: 49 | Location: Where the Streets Have No Name | Registered: 19 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Scarlet Pimpernel..Taregt has had paperbacks in the dollar bin lately, just a few classic titles, and some nice condensed versions of great books for kids. I was tempted to buy the kid version of Moby Dick, as much as I love the book, it is a bit slow going reading the long descriptive parts about whaling.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy:
...I was tempted to buy the kid version of Moby Dick, as much as I love the book, it is a bit slow going reading the long descriptive parts about whaling.

As Ray said to John Huston back in '52: "I've never been able to finish the damned thing!"

fanboy, the secret to reading Moby Dick is to read alternate chapters. Odd numbers if you want a good yarn, even numbers if you want a comprehensive documentary study of whaling through the ages!

I have a pocket-sized hardcover of MD, which I bought maybe 20 years ago. Alas, my eyes aren't as good as they used to be, and the print is now too small to be comfortable. And I, too, have never been able to finish the damned thing!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The two new graphic novels arrived today, Wicked and Martian. The stack up well to the 451 graphic novel. The only odd thing I can report is that the quotes on the back of the dust jacket refer to 451 and not the books in hand.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a copy&paste error in the layout department!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

By blackglove at 2011-07-18

"Once a Ray Bradbury fan, always a Ray Bradbury fan!"Smiler

Posts: 32 | Location: Bermuda Triangle | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of Jeffery Deaver this summer...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Under the Dome

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Just finished Joseph Conrad's "Victory".
Pretty good writing and interesting characters.
Sad, though.

posted Hide Post
Still reading law books. One more year. Then back to Bradbury . . .

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NReading some, but listening to recordings of "Stephen Fry's English Delight" and enjoying it immensely! I've found it Full of Western Promise! (Phil will get that one!)