Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    What Are You Reading? II
Page 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 60

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Are You Reading? II
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I'm currently reading (for the tenth time!) the Death Is A Lonely Business trilogy. I'm on the final book, Let's All Kill Constance.

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kukai_Aoki:
Let's All Kill Constance.

Perhaps my least favourite Bradbury novel. But still written better than most authors can manage!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Perhaps my least favourite Bradbury novel...

Why so?

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kukai_Aoki:
Why so?

Just personal preference in story, I suppose. Mind, it's written as well as any, but the subject matter is just "not my cup of tea", as 4E Ackerman once told me when I asked him if he enjoyed the modern horror films.

Do you know, I came this close to having Alexandra sign my copy (it's dedicated to her, you know). She was in town for a few days and I was talking to her about her possibly coming to an event, but she was unable to attend. And would you believe, when I had been over to the house before (when she and Jon Eller and Donn Albright were there), I neglected to bring the book! Oh well. Next time, eh?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Bleeding Edge: Dark Barriers, Dark Frontiers as edited by William F. Nolan and Jason V Brock

A horror anthology with never-before-in-print short stories by such authors as Ray Bradbury, William F. Nolan, George Clayton Johnson, Earl Hamner, Jr., Dan O'Bannon, Richard and R.C. Mathonson. Cody Goodfellow and more.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I Sing the Body Electric!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
The Pearl (Steinbeck), Pirate Latitudes (Crichton), They Have Not Seen the Stars (Mr. B), Letters from Greatest Generation (Brokaw), Big Fish (Wallace), and The Life of Julius Caesar (Plutarch)...talk about politics!!?

(Between semesters ~ I can read for myself for several days!)

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of Time And The River by Thomas Wolfe

I found it in a dusty antique store in North Carolina today, and I thought aloud:

"What a find! Come with me you precious little jewel!"

"Oh, death!"

posted Hide Post

Finished this today

Started this today

Both are superb

Reflection is useless, the world is senseless. Evil is its only permanence. God is not alive. Love cannot be trusted. Surface, surface, surface was all that anyone found meaning in...this was civilization as I saw it, colossal and jagged.

Posts: 8 | Location: Manchester, UK | Registered: 11 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
William Blake's "Songs of Innocence and of Experience"

"Oh, death!"

posted Hide Post
Good for you Kukai_Aoki!

Myself--Richard Bach's latest Hypnotizing Maria.

Happy reading all!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fablehaven: The Rise of the Evening Star

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
The Martian chronicles again. And textbooks.

Posts: 2 | Location: Corvallis, OR | Registered: 05 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Hear Me Talkin' To Ya" by Shapiro & Hentoff.
I read this about 30 years ago.
Good stuff.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Ol' Pard. Nice to see you in the territory again!

Night (Wiesel), The Brooklyn Nine (Gratz), Walden (Thoreau)--Br II, same as your "Hear Me" ...once before a long while back!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post