Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    What Are You Reading? II
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 60

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Are You Reading? II
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Yeah, as long as its not Robot Bush, that is just too scarry!

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nameshifter,
I just watched the 1951 Alastair Sim version of "A Christmas Carol". I still get misty at the end...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. B found this story to be one of the most influencial in his life. He comments that the lessons Scrooge learned have moved him to the core. I recall an interview in which his emotions are very apparent and he chokes up just talking about the story's conclusion.

(Hmm! Where did this occur?)

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
B-Two, I like that version very much. I remember it was close to the holidays when my kindergarden teacher set that movie up and we watched it in class. Have loved it ever since. Michael, sorry to you and all for the nameshifts, I was trying to condense my onscreen persona's into one namesake, I think I am finished...Dandelion, still electronic in here(My mind.) where it counts.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone asked, "What was wrong with Robot Lincoln?"

I liked Robert Lincoln.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the robot!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandy, didn't Grassy just vote for "Robert"?
As for what happened to Robot Lincoln, it's all there in "Down Wind From Gettysburg".

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is still room for Robert Robot!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just call him Bob.

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Bob the 'Bot!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Doo-Wop lyrics.

posted Hide Post
I refuse to change my name, you can't make me, you can't make me...

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about "The Mighty Wind" or "Morning Breeze"?

posted Hide Post
Hey thats not bad...

posted Hide Post
Well, nearly getting back on topic, what I've been listening to is "Laurel & Hardy's Music Box". Thanks, Butch! Just got it today.

Reading some James Harriot Christmas stories too.

Hey! Looks like Bot Is Back!