Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    What Are You Reading? II
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 60

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Are You Reading? II
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Let me guess: $0 ?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Let me guess: $0 ?

Closer to wholesale. Wink

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
The Stories of Ray Bradbury, Everyman's Library edition...

...which gets thumbs up from this reviewer:
http://www.buffalonews.com/201.../editors-choice.html

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finishing, We'll Always Have Paris, by the the one and only Mr. B (great stories with many intriguing themes); Walk in the Spirit, by the late, great sports announcer Red Barber; Willie & Joe (complete collection), by the awarding winning WWII humorist Bill Mauldin.

Currently teaching: F451, October Sky, Big Fish, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Pearl, and philosophy research papers (formally organized and presented - topics selected, Zeno to Ayn Rand) by honors sophomores. Lots of interesting topics flying around at the time! I can't seem to keep my desk organized?!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Red Dwarf by Rob Grant and Doug Naylor

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to do it.
Bought a new copy of "Martian Chronicles"!
Now I am trying to find the Panic Room so I can put my feet up, light my pipe, have a glass of something nice at my elbow, and enjoy!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
I had to do it.
Bought a new copy of "Martian Chronicles"!

I had to do it too!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Thurber Carnival, 1945, hardcover, first edition.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
The Art of Racing In The Rain , the bestseller by Garth Stein about a family with problems...told by the Golden Retriever who lives with them.

Have a handkerchief ready for those tears when you reach the end of the book. You'll need it. Smiler

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its funny how much the works of Cervantes were changed throughout the 19th and 20th century...I picked up a Classic Club 1941 edition last week along with a Harvards classic (1980)...two completely different stories! Big Grin

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Winesburg, Ohio.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding said
quote:
Winesburg, Ohio.

How do you like it? Is it insightful in regard to inspiration for MC?

Just finished Out of My Mind by Richard Bach and begun Curious Lives by same.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
How do you like it? Is it insightful in regard to inspiration for MC?

Just started. Yes - it's written very like it.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Winesburg, Ohio - closer to Dandelion Wine for me.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
Winesburg, Ohio - closer to Dandelion Wine for me.

Both!

"Live Forever!"