Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    What Are You Reading? II
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 60

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Are You Reading? II
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Draught is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Draught IS a good word. As is DRAFT, which is what I meant.

Thinks... the one story where RB might have written "early draughts" would be... (wait for it, wait for it...)

..."The Wind"!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
East Of Eden, John Steinbeck

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"This Is Your Brain On Music"
by Daniel Levitin

and

"The Politically Incorrect Guide To Islam (and the Crusades)"
by Robert Spencer

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Foundation Trilogy Smiler
by Isaac Asimov

Posts: 13 | Location: West Lafayette, IN | Registered: 27 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to report I have not finished Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which I plan to do before the year is out.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finished "The Politically Incorrect Guide To Islam". Pretty disturbing.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BrII,...I bet!

I am escaping. Mysterious Island, J. Verne. Capt. Nemo lives!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love that story! You'll enjoy "Joop" and Pencroff.

posted Hide Post
We (family) watched "20,000 Leagues" last weekend. Kirk Douglas graduated from our local university. I actually taught M.I. when I first began teaching many years ago, and that was to 8th graders. Unabridged version!! Imagine!?

I still recall having to look up peccary, agouti, and capybara! Amazing how that extremely relevant info sticks in one's brain.

(Now, if I can only remember where I placed my darned keys...)

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any giant crabs to battle in M.I., or did Ray Harryhausen's team make that bit up?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New Stories From the Twilight Zone by Rodman Edward Serling.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rodman is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
In an effort to fight my out-of-a-job depression, I just read "Good News for Bad Days: Living a Soulful Life" by Fr. Paul Keenan and am about to begin either "I'm Not Okay!" by Ken Davis or "Secrets For Success And Happiness" by Og Mandino.

posted Hide Post
Og is a good word.

"Live Forever!"