Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    What Are You Reading? II
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 60

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Are You Reading? II
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
(Re-reading) The Ray Bradbury Companion, by William Nolan (1975)

With A magnificent several page Intro by Mr. B!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RascalJones:
Anyway, I still have lots of Ray to read, and look forward to chatting it up here.

You rascal you!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In honor of Edgar Allan Poe's 200th birthday I'm reading The Best Short Stories of Edgar Allan Poe (The Fall of the House of Usher, The Tell-Tale Heart and Other Tales). He is a favorite of Mr. B's. If I were a drinking man I'd be opening a Cask of Amontillado and raising a glass to both men.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt, Have you read the stories I've often recommended, i.e. "The Spectacles", "Some Words With A Mummy", and "The 2002nd Tale of Scheherezade"?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
jkt, Have you read the stories I've often recommended, i.e. "The Spectacles", "Some Words With A Mummy", and "The 2002nd Tale of Scheherezade"?

Yes sir, I have.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
In honor of Edgar Allan Poe's 200th birthday I'm reading The Best Short Stories of Edgar Allan Poe (The Fall of the House of Usher, The Tell-Tale Heart and Other Tales). He is a favorite of Mr. B's. If I were a drinking man I'd be opening a Cask of Amontillado and raising a glass to both men.

Indeed, a good sherry goes very well with Poe, or Lovecraft, or Clark Ashton Smith. Both Ashton Smith and Ray Bradbury go well with a glass or two of red wine. From time to time.

Currently (re)reading:
The Martian Chronicles
various short stories of Clark Ashton Smith
"Gosh! Wow!" (4SJ's 80's sci-fi anthology)
Everything I can find by Leigh Brackett
the "Northwest Smith" tales of C. L. Moore
"The Long Goodbye"

Posts: 39 | Location: Big Sur, CA | Registered: 20 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cask of the Amontillado - one of world literature's all time greatest short stories. "The" Ultimately ironic story, as there never was ANY "Amontillado!"

"In pace requiescat."

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The Areas of My Expertise" by John Hodgman.
Funny stuff!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently reading 'after the quake,' a wonderful collection of stories by the Japanese writer Haruki Murakami.
I am rationing 'We'll Always Have Paris' to one story a night (and would be interested to hear some opinions on this book).

Posts: 14 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 20 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to the book lauch for Jerry Pournelle and Larry Niven's newest book, 'Escape from Hell,' The long awaited sequel to their 'Inferno.' "Think Dante meets Vatican II," says Pournelle.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Blood and Ice by Robert Masello

A horror/mystery/thriller in the spirit of The Thing

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Short Stories of Ambrose Bierce; A Midsummer Night's Dream; Frankenstein; My Antonia; All Quiet on the Western Front; Leading with Soul: An Uncommon Journey of Spirit; Cannery Row ~ (just finished last night - "What A party!!")

posted Hide Post
I picket up a copy of Poul Anderson short stories compiled by his widow, Karen. One heck of long title: the collected short works of Poul Anderson Volume 1: Call Me Joe

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
The Associate by John Grisham.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One Nation Under Dog by Michael Schaffer

John King Tarpinian