Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    What Are You Reading? II
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 60

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Are You Reading? II
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
In fact, I really do wish more thought, time, and keystrokes would be spent on this site (especially by its regular contributors!) in discussing his works.
All too often the bulk of postings is so much self-absorbed twaddle.

You're right, of course, Mr Braling, and I'll try to do better.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A western genre need has struck here, too, BrII. How goes it, Pard?

S.S. Collection - The Strong Shall Live
Novel - Outlaws of the Mesquite
http://www.louislamour.com/aboutlouis/gallery.htm

Hillerman and L'Amour seem to have had similar life experiences.

RB and EA Poe: short stories and just finished F451, again. (How timely, if the "Fairness Act" is rubber stamped in the months to come!)

Also, some satiric humor to keep what sanity holds to the bare thread: Works of Bill Mauldin (I've decided I Want My Seat Back) and Gahan Wilson (Monster Collection).

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Butch, Bill Mauldin!
I grew up with "Up Front" on the bookshelf. I took it down once in awhile and really got a kick out of it.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here BM's classics:
SD, enjoy a few "off the shelf" once again!
http://www.stripes.com/02/nov02/mauldin/

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
>reading Toni Morrison, Jazz. She wrote this amazing story choosing words and phrases with rythms that mimick the jazz music. Almost done, enjoyed immensely.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Butch! I hadn't seen those for a VERY long time!

Finished "Bright Moments". Fairly well-written. Brought back lots of memories. I hope he'll be more widely appreciated someday.

Just started "Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism - Who Gives, Who Doesn't, and Why It Matters" by Arthur C. Brooks...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a copy of the special 50yrs. of space flight, Nat. Geo: The Once and Future Frontier - Space! Intro by Ray Bradbury entitled "My Mars." Magnificent full page glossy pic of this artwork: http://www.thesummaries.com/book_covers/the_martian_chronicles.jpg

Done with up close and personal as only NG can do it photo journalistically. What an honor to have Mr. B get the opening words!

posted Hide Post
fjp451, is that the current issue?

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is available only on the magazine stands - now! Good to see you on board, Rock!

Too bad about John "Mitch" Mitchell!

posted Hide Post
Thanks fj, hope your well, been enjoying reading your poignant writings here and there.

posted Hide Post
Hey, Rocky!
I thought you fell asleep in the Panic Room for awhile there...

posted Hide Post
Sorry to say, I have not been reading, but I did finally get the bulb changed in the reading lamp.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I hope you installed a good old incandescent one!

posted Hide Post
I did B-Two, fell asleep under that new all spectrum bulb to help with winter depression. Now I look like Richard Dreyfuss in Close Encounters, jk. I just finished The Road by Cormac McCarthy. It was a brilliantly written end of the world scenario. Depressing subject matter aside, I couldn't put it down. I heard its to be a movie. Now I am in that stymied mode of what to read next. I picked up a free Anne Rice book but so far The Witching Hour has yet to grip me, help I'm in "reading" purgatory. Maybe its time for a/some Bradbury......

posted Hide Post
The Feast Of All Saints, Anne Rice.