Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    What Are You Reading? II
Page 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 60

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Are You Reading? II
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
The postal dude delivered a PS edition of THE MACHINERIES OF JOY last week (1 sig. by the way; #173). In addition to this beautifully put together edition, I'm reading some nonfiction Asimov.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
The postal dude delivered a PS edition of THE MACHINERIES OF JOY last week (1 sig. by the way; #173). In addition to this beautifully put together edition, I'm reading some nonfiction Asimov.

Gaiman's signature is the hard one to get. Ray's just requires an 18 mile drive. Big Grin

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So who will be reading Bradbury on this all hallow's eve? I'll be reading "..i sing the body electric", "The Martian Chronicles", and "From the Dust Returned".

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Come into My Cellar" aka "Boys! Raise Giant Mushrooms in Your Cellar!"

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently started to reread my favourite Steve King work, It, which I hadn't read in nearly twenty years. One of the great horror novels of all time. The whole novel is about the magic surrounding childhood that too easily passes away as we turn into adults. With regards to that magic, it's up there with Something Wicked This Way Comes, and Robert McCammon's wonderful novel Boy's Life.

Let us never lose that magic!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fedex recently delivered the full collection of J. Krishnamurti's works, which I'm happy to say is my best Halloween present I've gotten since the days of trick'r'treating!

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up Rashomon and other stories by Ryunosuke Akutagawa. I've actually only read the introduction so far haha
The author has written some really incredible stories, so I wanted to see if those were just a fluke. The Spider's Web and Hell Screen by him truly paint a picture.

Posts: 7 | Location: United States | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Re-readingTaylor Caldwell's "Dear and Glrious Physician".
Also "Dangerously Funny" - the new book about the Smothers Brothers show.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm...The Sequel to "A Cloud of Sparrows" is not as "Action-orientated" than the first book. Saddening.

"Oh, death!"

posted Hide Post
In God We Trust: All Others Pay Cash by Jean Shepherd - wonderful!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recently, The Great Failure by Natalie Goldberg, and Bluebeard by Kurt Vonnegut.
Just started the new translation (by Richard Pevear and Larissa Volohonsky) of Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Miss America by Howard Stern

Oh my. (laughs)

"Oh, death!"

posted Hide Post
I'm about to start either "Brothers Karamozov" or "Crime and Punishment" again...

posted Hide Post
Just started reading Volume 1 of Mark Twain's autobiography.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night I just read Bradbury's story, "The Smile."

Posts: 83 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 11 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post