Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    What Are You Reading? II
Page 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 60

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Are You Reading? II
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post

"Once a Ray Bradbury fan, always a Ray Bradbury fan!"Smiler

Posts: 32 | Location: Bermuda Triangle | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Orangefield by Al Sarrantonio. I found a used, signed, copy of this Cemetery Dance book at my local bibliophile emporium. To be honest I was unfamiliar with the author’s work but the dedication page won me over: To Ray Bradbury: Maestro of Halloween.

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The script The App, with Ray's actor Roses Prichard, this afternoon. She signed on to play a role. Speaking of role, we roll Friday!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

By blackglove at 2011-05-19

Posts: 32 | Location: Bermuda Triangle | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
The script The App...

Sounds topical! You should do a follow-up called The Tweet Big Grin

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Sounds topical! You should do a follow-up called The Tweet Big Grin

Do you know who nearly played a role in it? GCJ! But nearly doesn't really count, does it?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Trail of '98, Lowell Thomas, Jr.; Ray Bradbury: The Life of Fiction, Profs. Eller and Touponce; The Short Stories of O'Henry; And my final HS literature unit (How ironic is this!?) ~ Fahrenheit 451!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is not really "reading" but I received my copy of The Martian Chronicles Radio Dramatization today, from The Colonial Radio Players.

(The first CD I have put in my car in the 15 months I've owned it.)

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt wrote
quote:
This is not really "reading" but I received my copy of The Martian Chronicles Radio Dramatization today, from The Colonial Radio Players.

Audible.com has this for 3.91USD, during the current "Summer Listening Sale", for audible members.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
Audible.com has this for 3.91USD, during the current "Summer Listening Sale", for audible members.

$6.99, surely. Unless it's in the Summer Listening Sale section, which I could not find.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
MAD MAGAZINE SmilerSmiler

By blackglove at 2009-11-14

posted Hide Post
Fershlugginer, poiuyt, potrzebie, axolotl, fink!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Douglas Spaulding wrote:
quote:
Unless it's in the Summer Listening Sale section, which I could not find.

If you are an audible member, you can sign in and easliy find it. The sale ends June 14th.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just re-read "Lorelei of the Red Mist" by Leigh Brackett and Ray, in the collection "3 X Infinity". Not very good, really.
Here's a blurb about it:

http://webcache.googleusercont...ource=www.google.com

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reading: "The Brothers K" by David James Duncan. I read "The River Why" (also by Duncan) and it was fabulous. I thought I'd give this one a try and it's not let me down so far.

Just Finished: "McTeague" by Frank Norris.

Next. . .Hmmmmm I think "The Lord of the Flies" by William Golding.

"'So-So' is good, very good, very excellent good, and yet it is not so: it is but so-so" -Shakespeare

" 'So-So' is good, very good, very excellent good, and yet it is not so: it is but so-so." -Shakespeare

Posts: 7 | Location: In my dreams--Paris. In my reality--Washington | Registered: 22 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post