Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    What Are You Reading? II
Page 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 60

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Are You Reading? II
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Finished "Crime and Punishment" and am about to start on "Brothers"...

BH, I too recently read "The Smile"!
Wonderful!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are about to analyze the movie (original, of course) of Moby Dick in classes. Someone should share this with Mr. Bardbury:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_...k-captain-discovered

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Someone should share this with Mr. Bardbury

Would he be the new "bard"?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kewl, but by "original" I assume you mean the 1956 version with Gregory Peck, not the lame-o 1930 one with John Barrymore?

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just finished the latest Lincoln Rhyme story, "The Burning Wire" - a shocker!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm reading 'R is for Rocket' again (after many years) and 'The Art of Shakespeare's Sonnets' by Helen Vendler (a hefty but ultimately very rewarding volume!). Also flicking through a Robert Mitchum biography (he was also something of a precocious writer in his youth).

I've just finished 'A Curtain of Green', a collection of short stories by Eudora Welty, which was wonderful. My favourite story was 'The Key'.

I've got a long list of books to read in future - probably a lot of poetry and hopefully one good novel.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Martian (Ruth S. Hare),

___________________________________________________________________________________
"The key word is love... get up in the morning and write something you love, something to live for!”

Posts: 18 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 19 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"One For The Road"; picked up at a low price at a local going-out-of-business Borders...

posted Hide Post
That Old Black Magic (Louis Prima, Keely Smith and the Golden Age of Las Vegas) by Tom Clavin

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Listen to the Echoes

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still on The Martian Chronicles (again).

Or, technically, The Silver Locusts, since it is my UK paperback version from the late '70s that I'm reading. [Only with the 1970s TV miniseries of MC did UK publishers finally switch the title to match the American title.]

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just bought "The Martian Chronicles", the memory of which has served to inspired some poetry over the years. First reading was close to 40 years ago.

Posts: 5 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: 04 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Collected Stories of Ray Bradbury Volume I: 1938 - 1943. Smiler

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
The Collected Stories of Ray Bradbury Volume I: 1938 - 1943. Smiler

My postperson brought mine today, too.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I am the lucky recipient of an uncorrected proof of Becoming Ray Bradbury by Professor Jonathan R. Eller. If the rest of the book is half as good as the first chapter I see a Pulitzer nomination coming.

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
I am the lucky recipient of an uncorrected proof of Becoming Ray Bradbury by Professor Jonathan R. Eller. If the rest of the book is half as good as the first chapter I see a Pulitzer nomination coming.

Just imagine how good the corrected version will be!

"Live Forever!"