Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    What Are You Reading? II
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 60

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Are You Reading? II
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I thought I would take some time to revisit Hamlet, but upon my arrival found everyone to be asleep in their graves! Pity.

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm currently reading Zen in the Art of writing and am blogging about it at http://richardzowie.wordpress.com. Am learning a lot and plan someday to purchase a copy.

I've previously read The Illustrated Man, Fahrenheit 451, The October Country, I Sing the Body Electric! and will be re-reading Something Wicked This Way Comes next.

Professional writer since 2000, working on fiction career

Posts: 3 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kukai_Aoki:
The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

Who were they?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where Everything Ends by Ray Bradbury

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Who were they?

Well, If I told you, that would spoil the book! In reality, I would figure it would be the five people who meant the most to you in life.

"Oh, death!"

posted Hide Post
Twice Twenty-two by guess who?

First edition. Hardcover. Signed by the author. With the Oh-riginal dustjacket.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for you Douglas! I have one (unsigned).

What is unique about this collection is the dustjacket by Joseph Mugnaini and the two line drawings (inter-connecting montage of figures related to each story) prefacing each story collection. Also the profile shot of Mr. Bradbury on the back by Helen Milja Kovich.

I'm currently reading Look at the Birdie by Kurt Vonnegut.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...With the Oh-riginal dustjacket.

I am Oh-so jealous, you Oh-so smug little boy, you. Big Grin

P.S.

(Oh-riginal is a good word.)

"Oh, death!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kukai_Aoki:
Oh-riginal is a good word.

I got it from The Andy Griffith Show. Who can guess which episode? William Lantry can. Are you about, Terry?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Funny! After reading the aboves with DS and L, I checked my shelves of RB's. What did I discover?
Twice-two; 2 signed-2 unsigned, all jacketed.
(I remember that I also gifted a hc copy to my father in law several years back!)

Wonderful collections.
http://img1.fantasticfiction.c.../images/c1/c7969.jpg

Currently reading numerous RB's (re:Gr10) related to RB Theater dvd so as to view upon conclusion of the ss study/discussions.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Twice-two; 2 signed-2 unsigned, all jacketed.

I don't have that one! Four whole stories? Big Grin

quote:

That the one I have - beautiful artwork!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
The Stories of Ray Bradbury, Everyman's Library edition, which is a First Thus for you collectors out there..and you know who you are.

I guess the only part that I needed to read was the new introduction by Chrisopher Buckley.

Available this coming Tuesday.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So tell us, jkt, is Buckley's introduction worth the cover price?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
So tell us, jkt, is Buckley's introduction worth the cover price?

It was for me.

John King Tarpinian