Ray Bradbury Forums
What Are You Reading? II

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6891083901/m/5571014362

19 December 2006, 08:23 AM
patrask
What Are You Reading? II
Yeah, as long as its not Robot Bush, that is just too scarry!
19 December 2006, 09:49 AM
Braling II
Nameshifter,
I just watched the 1951 Alastair Sim version of "A Christmas Carol". I still get misty at the end...
19 December 2006, 10:06 AM
fjp451
Mr. B found this story to be one of the most influencial in his life. He comments that the lessons Scrooge learned have moved him to the core. I recall an interview in which his emotions are very apparent and he chokes up just talking about the story's conclusion.

(Hmm! Where did this occur?)
19 December 2006, 03:04 PM
rocket
B-Two, I like that version very much. I remember it was close to the holidays when my kindergarden teacher set that movie up and we watched it in class. Have loved it ever since. Michael, sorry to you and all for the nameshifts, I was trying to condense my onscreen persona's into one namesake, I think I am finished...Dandelion, still electronic in here(My mind.) where it counts.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com
20 December 2006, 09:50 AM
grasstains
Someone asked, "What was wrong with Robot Lincoln?"

I liked Robert Lincoln.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"
21 December 2006, 12:00 PM
dandelion
Another vote for the robot!
21 December 2006, 01:03 PM
Braling II
Dandy, didn't Grassy just vote for "Robert"?
As for what happened to Robot Lincoln, it's all there in "Down Wind From Gettysburg".
21 December 2006, 07:44 PM
fjp451
There is still room for Robert Robot!
22 December 2006, 01:06 AM
grasstains
Just call him Bob.

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"
22 December 2006, 01:15 AM
dandelion
Yeah, Bob the 'Bot!
22 December 2006, 07:23 AM
Braling II
Sounds like Doo-Wop lyrics.
22 December 2006, 03:13 PM
rocket
I refuse to change my name, you can't make me, you can't make me...

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

23 December 2006, 02:13 AM
grasstains
How about "The Mighty Wind" or "Morning Breeze"?

23 December 2006, 07:47 AM
rocket
Hey thats not bad...

23 December 2006, 01:25 PM
Braling II
Well, nearly getting back on topic, what I've been listening to is "Laurel & Hardy's Music Box". Thanks, Butch! Just got it today.

Reading some James Harriot Christmas stories too.

Hey! Looks like Bot Is Back!