Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    What Are You Reading? II
Page 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Are You Reading? II
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
...(Phil will get that one!)

I certainly do! For the benefit of those who don't get the reference, this is where it stems from. Mrs Braling II must have introduced Braling II to this product along with Marmite, PG Tips and HP Sauce!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Out of this World (Science Fiction but not as you know it) by Mike Ashley

Needless to say Ray is mentioned numerous times.

http://www.amazon.com/Out-This...id=1315618538&sr=8-1

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Out of This World looks to be fascinating.

Yesterday, at a library sale, I purchased a first thus edition of the 1975 Knopf of DANDELION WINE. Very good condition, dj intact with new intro by Ray Bradbury. Only $2.
So, DANDELION WINE. Smiler
Here is a scan of the back flap of dust jacket.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

ImageBachardyDrawing.jpg (162 Kb, 4 downloads) Bachardy Drawing

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:
...(Phil will get that one!)

I certainly do! For the benefit of those who don't get the reference, this is where it stems from. Mrs Braling II must have introduced Braling II to this product along with Marmite, PG Tips and HP Sauce!

Indeed she did! And much more besides! She's in Manchester now = I hope she'll smuggle in some Lancashire cheese & bacon when she returns!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny you should ask this.....
I have a pretty extensive book collection (all science fiction and Fantasy).
Lots of the books are "OLDER" than me....Beleive me, that makes them old!!
Every once in awhile I go and pull down an old paperback or two (in this case two of Bradbury's).
Right now sitting next to me at my desk...."R is for Rocket" and "S is for Space"....both excellent books full of fantastic short stories....both I beleive are out of print now.
So, Thats what I'm Reading..

Regards,

Dave S.

Posts: 15 | Location: New Jersey, USA | Registered: 10 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great books, indeed, DaveS!
Both have been reprinted several times.
Phil's site a few posts above has the details.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Braling.....
Headed Over To Phil's Blog Right Now.
As Much As I Love Ray's Stories, I'm really taken by his story stories the most.....

Regards,

Dave S.

Posts: 15 | Location: New Jersey, USA | Registered: 10 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just finished George Guidall's reading of The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks.
Very moving.

posted Hide Post
And now for something completely different:

Just My Type: A Book About Fonts by Simon Garfield

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds interesting!
I always liked the font used in The Prisoner series.
Brilliant choice.
Don't know what it's called, though; something with serifs.

posted Hide Post
quote:
...something with serifs.

A good word!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sounds interesting!
I always liked the font used in The Prisoner series.
Brilliant choice.
Don't know what it's called, though; something with serifs.

It's called "Village", apparently, and is derived from the Albertus family. Or so it says here:

http://www.theprisoneronline.c...ml/village_font.html

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Phil!

posted Hide Post
Completed Gene Wilder's The Woman Who Wouldn't and now Nikos Kazantzakis' The Last Temptation of Christ.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
Completed Gene Wilder's The Woman Who Wouldn't.

Wouldn't what?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post