Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    What Are You Reading? II
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 60

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Are You Reading? II
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Just started "Bright Moments" the life & legacy of Rahsaan Roland Kirk.
He was an amazing musician. I saw him many times, got to talk with him a bit. He played 3 saxes at once while 'spherical' breathing, played flute and other instruments too; in fact, Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull was a complete Rahsaan rip-off. If interested, one of Rahsaan's best recordings as a sample is his live rendition of "If I Loved You" off the "Bright Moments" recording...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently reading "Bradbury Stories" and suprised at the number of ones I'd never seen before. Next up is "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle"
Had good reviews, so I'm optimistic.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Copy of The New Bradbury Review arrived yesterday.

I'm about half way done and the descriptive word that comes to mind is BRILLIANT.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

Got mine today.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:

Got mine today.

Here is a photo of Mr. B seeing the finished book for the first time. He was pleased!

John King Tarpinian

ImageBook.JPG (159 Kb, 14 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, you're just full of photos today!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...Here is a photo of Mr. B seeing the finished book for the first time. He was pleased!...

That's a relief! (He said, speaking as a contributor to the book...)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Well, you're just full of photos today!

I agree that I am full of something.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:
...Here is a photo of Mr. B seeing the finished book for the first time. He was pleased!...

That's a relief! (He said, speaking as a contributor to the book...)

And I told Mr. B that you are his biggest UK fan.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Currently reading Hamlet with Lit 12 classes.

This - made me ponder how Sir William could have had the answer over 400yrs. ago, and yet the economic geniuses of the world remain clueless. Not to mention those coin-changers wearing their fine Wall Street CEO ~ Glad-handing Political suits:

"Costly thy habit as thy purse can buy,
But not expressed in fancy (rich, not gaudy),
For the apparel oft proclaims the man,
And they in France of the best rank and sation
Are of a most select and generous chief in that.
Neither a borrower not a lender be,
Foar loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man."

-Polonius speaking advice to his son Laertes
I, iii, 76-86

(Me thinks we all could use some sound, sane sagery for such sullen days!)

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...And I told Mr. B that you are his biggest UK fan...

Well I have put on a few pounds since I met you and Ray in May...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently Breakfast Of Champions, Vonnegut.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Summer Morning, Summer Night. It is so nice to be able to visit Green Town, one more time.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
No sooner than I posted SMSN, which I'm almost fisnished with than the postman brought me Backup by Jim Butcher from Sub Press.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Good old postman.

"Live Forever!"