Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Looking for the Title

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for the Title
 Login/Join

posted
I recall a short story of retired psychiatrist riding a bus, and he is wearing a very unusual tie. When a person sits next to him and comments, he asks the person to tell what he sees in the tie. It becomes a short therapy session. I thought it was in Illustrated Man but none of the titles seems to resonate. Any help?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 16 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Man in the Rorschach Shirt from I Sing the Body Electric. Also in Playboy, 1966 October. I have this issue (autographed), and several others with stories by Ray.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The Man in the Power Tie," a sequel to this story, can be found in The Bradbury Chronicles, not the biography but a tribute by other writers.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks
I found The Man in the Rorschach Shirt and I am sharing it with some shrinks. I will look for the sequel.
Peace

Posts: 2 | Registered: 16 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post