Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twilight Zone
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Excellent example. Are they internationally known?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
...and whatever you do, don't drive like "my brother!"

Don't drive like MY brother!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Excellent example. Are they internationally known?

Car Talk is carried on a European satellite radio service called World Radio Network, so there will be a few people on this side of the Atlantic who know them. That's how I discovered them about ten years ago, but I quickly switched to listening online.

On the other hand, Tom & Ray's small voice part in the film CARS was re-dubbed by local celebrities when the film was released in Europe, so they're not exactly famous.

I'm probably the only person in Britain who regularly listens to Car Talk, Zorba Paster, and A Way With Words.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:I'm probably the only person in Britain who regularly listens to Car Talk, Zorba Paster, and A Way With Words.

I was beginning to wonder what they were listening to over there.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, "Touche'!"
f

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about "Says You"?
One of my favourites.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
How about "Says You"?...

I like it, but it doesn't have a free listen online option, and it's not always possible to find a convenient live stream.

One of my favourite websites is www.publicradiofan.com - links for thousands of shows on thousands of stations. It's what the web was invented for!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Earl wants to go visit Ray with me soon! Wonderful! Such a nice man.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Douglas that is so cool. Thanks for sharing.

From The Homecoming:

Self-consciouly Clay-boy tore the wrapper open and he looked at his father with confusion and gratitude and questioning eyes as he found five tablets of good writing paper and a brand new fountain pen.

"I wonder how news got all the way to the North Pole that you wanted to be a writer," said Clay with a grin.

"I guess he's a right smart man," said Clay-Boy, his throat almost too full to speak.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John-boy/Doug, I am sooooooo jealous! I LOVE The Waltons, watched every chance I get!

posted Hide Post
Love The Homecoming. Watched it just last Christmas. Clay-Boy is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
John-boy/Doug, I am sooooooo jealous! I LOVE The Waltons, watched every chance I get!

Earl says "next time you go see Ray, call me and I'll go with you - I'd love to see him again."

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Love The Homecoming. Watched it just last Christmas. Clay-Boy is a good word.

Yes, I met the original, James MacArthur. Wonderful guy I always think of with kindness.

posted Hide Post
Here is a very nice book trailer for Anne Serling's forthcoming memoir of her father, Rod. The trailer includes some home movie footage of Rod and family... and is actually quite Bradburyesque in the way it is written.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
quite Bradburyesque in the way it is written

Agreed! Very astute observation, phil!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post