Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    What does Mr. Bradbury want with "A Sound like thunder"?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What does Mr. Bradbury want with "A Sound like thunder"?
 Login/Join

posted
Hello people,

I have a school project, and one of the questions is: What does Ray Bradbury want with his story "A Sound Like Thunder"? What is his achievement?

Does Mr. Bradbury maybe have an email which I can ask him this questions and others?

Greetings from

Alexander Bech

[This message has been edited by CallMeBOBO (edited 05-28-2003).]

//BOBO<br /><br />www.callmebobo.com

Posts: 1 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "what he wants". I'm not sure Bradbury has the time to respond to individual school projects.

I think he seemed to accomplish at least two things with the story:

(1) He did a great job entertaining people -- which, after all, is one of the storyteller's main functions. The story is really entertaining.

(2) If there is a moral in there, it seems to me that it says that the things we choose to do in our lives have impact in ways that we are often unable to foresee.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 05-28-2003).]

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark,

Bravo on your reply. The storyteller's prime objective should be to entertain. All the rest of it is gravy. (And, if he's a particularly fine and artistic writer, like Ray, there's lotsa gravy!)

Pete

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post