Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Trying to find the name of a story...
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trying to find the name of a story...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Doc Hollywood was a good, but not great film shot in beautiful Micanopy Florida, just south of Gainesville, where I used to live.

I always liked that movie.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chapster, Nope, I haven't seen it yet, but, on your recommendation, just ordered it from the library. Will watch and report in a few days.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good. When you see the pig (great pig), note the music associated with it.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chap, just watched it. Pretty cute flick. Great characters! I was glad to see Amzie Strickland again. She died recently - 2006. I thought the writing was so-so. Some cutsie immorality, if you know what I mean.
Now, that music you told me to note - at first, I couldn't place it. Then I finally got it! It's from Prokofiev's "Lieutenant Kije"!
As for the film being Capraesque, I don't know. But some of the directing was really good.
Anyway, thanks for recommending it. I really enjoyed it!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The kind of place you might find a pair of pixilated sisters or a tuba player who rides fire engines. Glad you liked it.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post