Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    the fox and the forest

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the fox and the forest
 Login/Join

posted
My son read the story for school and really liked it. What do you think about how it relates to people today? he needs to get other opinions.

Posts: 1 | Location: omaha ne usa | Registered: 01 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do men still hitch up their trousers legs before sitting down or did that custom end with permanent press? My mom can never see this gesture in any old show without thinking of this story and neither can I. If it is a thing of the past, actors in period dramas would have to learn it for authenticity.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ah, i love that story. it would make a great "Twilight Zone" wouldn't it? I think it shows that people will do anything to escape their government, and their government will do anything to bring them back.

Posts: 113 | Location: Kensington, Maryland, USA | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of Ray's stories would have been great TZs, but, alas, it was not to be. The fault was partly Rod Serling's, partly Ray's, but I think most of the blame can be laid squarely on CBS. I believe CBS and Kent McCord are to blame for many conspiracies and social injustices too often taken for granted.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For example...?

- Phil

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The Veldt," "Zero Hour," and "There Was an Old Woman" would be not that difficult or complicated to produce. The third one would have made a better TZ than it did an RB theater.

posted Hide Post
Thanks, but I wanted examples of "conspiracies and social injustices" due to McCord and CBS!

-Phil

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I said that just because they tick me off by being troublemakers. I was hoping you would take my word for it. Actually, I doubt they are smart enough to pull off any real conspiracy.