Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Ravine
 Login/Join

posted
I am supposed to do an oral interpretation for English class and I wanted to read part of The Ravine by Ray Bradbury. We used to have a book called Read All About It and it had that short story in it. Does anyone know any website that might have The Ravine typed out on it??

Posts: 1 | Registered: 28 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wasn't The Ravine part of Dandelion Wine? Or is that a different story?
If that's the case, I'm sure someone here could direct you to the collection that includes it. As for website transcriptions, I don't know, they're tough to find of stories- poems, yes, but stories are tough.

Posts: 117 | Location: The Great North of New York State | Registered: 29 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several stories mention the ravine, but the one most likely to have been published under that title is "The Whole Town's Sleeping," which appears, untitled, as part of "Dandelion Wine."

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, just gotta mention it here.
Finally posted a photo of the old worn stone steps that lead to ...The Ravine, of Dandelion Wine.... on my Website: www.catchaway.com

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did anyone catch "A Prairie Home Companion" on Saturday the 10th? If not, go to www.prairiehome.org to see when it may be repeated in your area on Sunday the 11th. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until it's available to play from the website. I expect you all to be able to discuss Garrison Keillor's description of the ravine and compare and contrast it with Ray's.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard-

Wow! Great site! A nice mix of your own photos and photos of Ray from the '40s, '50's, '70's, & '80's that I've never seen before. Well done.

I especially like the photos of Ray's boyhood home, the ravine steps, and the photo of him preparing for his speech.

Great stuff.

Greg

Posts: 139 | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greg Miller:

Thanks, Greg. Will post a few more photos by June 1st, and try to update the site once a month....

I've quite a few tapes, interviews done in the last years with Ray. Maybe I'll try putting some of that online....

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard-

Wonderful photos! Thank you for posting those (you've been teasing about them for some time). I look forward to possibly hearing some of those taped interviews.

Also, great site. Its nice to put a face to a name.

Thanks again.......

Posts: 85 | Location: San Dimas, CA USA | Registered: 25 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I'd love to hear those interviews, too. I don't know how easy or difficult it would be to put them on a site, but if it's not too much of a hassle, I'd enjoy hearing them!

Are the interviews ones you've conducted yourself, collected, or both?

Greg

Posts: 139 | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post