Ray Bradbury Forums
Dandelion Wine

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6891083901/m/5221035372

05 July 2004, 02:59 PM
smilepasser
Dandelion Wine
Hi all! I just finished reading this wonderful book. This is my first read from Mr. Bradbury and so enjoyed it! I look forward to reading more! What a beautiful and a sweet story. The book was so wonderfully written. Mr. Bradbury, through his writing, allowed me to have such a perfect visual. I felt I was right there in that town, running along side these children or sitting on the front porch. For those of you that have not read it, I highly recommend it. For those of you who have, what are your thoughts on this book? Thanks for listening and don't forget to pass on that smile!!!!! Jan
05 July 2004, 04:36 PM
Mr. Dark
Iw as introduced to Bradbury in HS as a sci-fi writer. I started with F451, Martian Chronicals and Something Wicked This Way Comes, then all the stories. I finally read Dandelion Wine in HS, but I think I had two problems with it: (1) It was not what I was expecting, so I didn't respond to it well, (2) I was just too young to appreciate many of the life observations he made in it. It was -- emotionally -- over my head.

I re-read it last year and really, really enjoyed it and got a lot more out of it.

Glad you liked it!
10 August 2004, 04:22 PM
redjellydonut
Dandelion Wine is, for me, the quintessential Bradbury story. It exudes the magical realism that is such a big component of his fiction and is visually evocative. I pull it out every summer and pick it up at random times and just thumb through it. I think it's the best thing he's ever written. I'm so glad you enjoyed it as well.

[This message has been edited by redjellydonut (edited 08-10-2004).]