Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Challenge: Who knows the title of this story?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Challenge: Who knows the title of this story?
 Login/Join

posted
I read a short story collection of Bradbury's in the mid 80's (not sure of the book or when it was published) and one of the stories was about "the paranoia of young boy who thinks his parents are poisoning him - when in the end it is revealed that his paranoia, angst and physical pains are all manifestations of him being in love for the first time."

Does anyone know this story, its title and in which collection I can find it?

Would really like to find this story again.
Thanks
Shake

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shakingman,

Posts: 6 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to say "One Timeless Spring" in Long After Midnight.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
I'm going to say "One Timeless Spring" in Long After Midnight.

Awesome! Thanks Dandelion.
Found this on the web: "Long After Midnight: This 1976 volume is the last of Bradbury's great short story collections, and my personal favorite. "One Timeless Spring" is a unique coming-of-age tale of a 12-year-old who is convinced his parents are poisoning him."

Now I just have to find it. Thanks again!

Posts: 6 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or $240 if you prefer.

quote:
Originally posted by Shakingman:
Found this on the web: "Long After Midnight: This 1976 volume is the last of Bradbury's great short story collections...

I don't know who wrote this, but to say that Ray hasn't written a great short story collection in thirty-two years makes the author of said comment suspect.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Cool. Thanks. But I don't have a credit card or paypal account. :O( Have to rely on the local bookstores to see if I can find it.

posted Hide Post
Might I suggest that you purchase a pre-paid Visa card for one-time use? It's essentially electronic money that works like almost-universal giftcards. You can probably get one at a grocery store or bank.

http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/prepaid/visa_gift_card.html

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Or $240 if you prefer.

$240.00 and they can't even include a photo of the cover? Wow.

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to help. It's also available in paperback with a cover so intricate one guy just had to have it tattooed on his back!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might that be you?! Would love to see that!

posted Hide Post
Shake,
Dandy's not a guy and I'm fairly certain she's not tattooed; though I've had neither the pleasure of meeting her nor the adventure of personally verifying my supposition!

I think, though, there are still postings of Bradbury-inspired tattoos if you care to search the archives...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post