Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Martian Chronicles
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Martian Chronicles
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aliza Williams:
I had already read The Illustrated Man,The October Count and they were quite interesting as well as great.Now I'll be reading The Halloween Tree.I heard from one of my friend that's it really very interesting.

It certainly is! But not nearly as interesting as those airport parking deals! I love me some airport parking deals!

And The October Count. I believe it's 31.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...And The October Count. I believe it's 31.

The October Count agrees:

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good catch, Phil!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although this episode of "The Concrete Mixer" always seemed a bit humorous in its representation of the characters on the street, the glitzy night club scenes, and its general mood of over-the-topness, it now plays ironically much truer to what the current political scene has to offer us from moment to ungracious moment.

Glad-handing is rampant. Whoever is actually calling the shots is now a total "Wizard of Oz." So, whatever one does, do not look behind that screen! Borders!? What Borders? Welcome in Martians. "Do we have a proposition for you and "our" future!"

Mr. Bradbury's metaphoric methods still ring as loud as ever. Unfortunately, all of the buttons being pushed have greatly diminished the number of actual page-turners. Now, what is seen strolling our avenues is quite close to the images played out by the citizens in this classic RBT episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YLqJEODYVk

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They walk among us, disguised as us. Some of them not very well disguised!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post