Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Favourite Story
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favourite Story
 Login/Join

posted
My favourite story has got to be "The Toynbee Convector." The tale is nothing less than a metaphor for Bradbury's life and his motivation as a writer.

Christos

Posts: 15 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Christos:
My favourite story has got to be "The Toynbee Convector." The tale is nothing less than a metaphor for Bradbury's life and his motivation as a writer.

Christos

I agree, Christos. Bradbury hopes to convince us to make our own future. By showing us the wonders of tomorrow, he inspires us to bring those wonders to life. The future is, indeed, what we make it.

Posts: 75 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a metaphor flying around in this here machine, or what? I believe, as far as I could detect after pulling back the layers, this is the earliest post in the original site. It deals appropriately with The Toynbee Convector.

So, I've traveled back in time to find the earliest comments within the vaults. This is it - 5:04pm, from 10/2/01!

"Old Paint" still has some kick left it. As a matter of fact, it is much like those little Mars probes, that keep on rolling and rolling and rolling...

I jumped on board here on 11/29/01. Fanning a few sparks from these embers is not a bad idea from time to time. It has a quaint feel and a different flair somehow.

My all time Favorite Ray Bradbury story without a doubt will always be

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you not finish your post, or are you throwing out the question to be answered?
If the latter, I would REALLY have a hard time picking A favourite!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite story is The Million Year Picnic. My favorite book is Dandelion Wine.

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sundance, caught up in some deep and serious pondering, I must have simply dozed off...

OK, now, without a doubt it is

fpalumbo

posted Hide Post
A little narcolepsy there, Butch?

Butch?

Uh, Butch?

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, sure. Huh?

Maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with all that dynamite you keep settin' off!

"Wilma?" Indeed! Geez...I still haven't gotten over that one yet.
----------------------------------------
OK, Sundance! Here's one for ya~
LZ: "When the Levy Breaks" - give a listen.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/clipserve/B000002J090010.../104-2452981-7876768

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 03-02-2006).]

fpalumbo

posted Hide Post
Well, I like "The Martian Hop" better, but I can't figure out how to attach it. Maybe on the new board...

posted Hide Post
*bump*

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bumpity, bumpity, bump over the hills we go.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked the one about the Martian bumper cars.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Ravine - at least thats what I think its called. I actually made new post on that one to first of all to find out if that the actual title and also what collection its in.

Creepy fee, and quite unusual as its tld in the 2nd Person (if my memory serves correct...)

Posts: 4 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 17 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grasstains, I finally finished The Machineries of Joy, which I kinda dragged my feet cause I was reading alot of poetry and trying to write a little. I have now simultaneously started I Sing The Body Electric and The Postman. I'm well into Postman and loving it. Next slated to read Earth Abides and Seven From Oregon. Thanx for the tips.

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Made ya look! Made ya look!

Actually, last night, just before bed, I re-read the chapter in DW about the Trolley. I still say it's some of the best writing ever done by mortal man.