Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hound
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
The hound was great, I think we could use some of those around here.

Posts: 6 | Location: Wausau, Wisconsin, United States | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobbo7:
chris how many tags do you have left

i have 3 tags left my bow tag, gun tag ,and a t-zone tag. also stephen Waldvogel is buying a tag for me to shoot him a doe

Posts: 7 | Location: wausau,wi,usa | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it is a good hound so i think it is a good idea!

Posts: 10 | Location: Wausau, WI 54401 | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope we have a mechanical Hound because they wouldn't get tired in the night, and we could party all night. When where hunting.

Posts: 6 | Location: merrill,wi,usa | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 more days before we start blasting the "hearts" out of deer.

Posts: 6 | Location: merrill,wi,usa | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i totally agree with you putz912

Posts: 6 | Location: Wausau, WI USA | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i think the hound was a good idea because it could always tell where a person was if they were looking for them. the hound was also very destructive. his probisis was very harmfull. but oviously the hound could be stoped.

Posts: 5 | Location: wausau,wisonsin, US | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The mechanical hound would be a great pet.

posted Hide Post
I thought the Hound was a really cool part of the story. It's not really much of a dog, though, with eight legs and a proboscis (sp?). The only thing "houndish" about it was its tracking skills. It's creepy. I love it.

Posts: 7 | Location: Dresden, NY, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the 1960's film F451, the dog was not incorporated into the story much to Ray's dismay. His feeling, if I understand what he has said, is that the dog added a very important element and that it was to the movie's detriment that it was excluded.

I watched the movie not too long ago, but haven't read the book for quite a few years--must do that.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Biplane. In Darabont's version, "Bring on the Hound!"

Doe anyone think there is a Baskerville metaphor that may be riding along with this mechanical octopedian canine?

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fj--Every spring I teach "Hound..." to my seventh grade lit classes, and I have to say I can see absolutely no parallels. You've really got me thinking about it though, so if anything comes to me, I'll pop in again. P.S. They love the novel, and usually vote on it as their favorite class novel of the year. They especially like it when the evil Hugo gets his throat ripped out by the hound that is described as "luminous, ghastly and spectral." (Seventh graders can be soooo bloodthirsty! But, looking for any possible angle to hook them into reading, I capitalize on this. They are usually disappointed that no one else in the novel gets shredded in this way, but by the end, they are really enjoying the novel anyway.) P.P.S. Speaking of bloodthirsty--I caught a student today with a pocketknife. He most likely will be expelled. Teaching sure has changed!

[This message has been edited by lmskipper (edited 11-24-2004).]

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you people ar idiots who said the dog was bad because it almost killed guy. you didnt get the point at all, it wasnt asking if the hound was good or evil, just if you think its a good addition to the book.
i cant stand people

Posts: 40 | Location: st.cloud, MN, USA | Registered: 08 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Civil War soldiers fond of hollering, "Mister, here's your mule!" can't have imagined this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGrMMlNjBB8

Can the mechanical hound be far behind? And would even it run if it saw this creepy thing coming?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty creepy, allright.
Here's a pretty good site featuring some of my pals:
http://www.androidworld.com/

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post