Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    f451 like or loathe?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

f451 like or loathe?
 Login/Join

posted
I didnt really enjoy the book of f 451 some of the reading i couldnt understand. I actually enjoy books that have more suspense if you didnt enjoy this book like me please reply.

[This message has been edited by dandelion (edited 08-28-2004).]

Posts: 8 | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How can you say there is no suspense in this book. You can feel the tension everywhere. This isn't car chase suspense. I felt everything Monty was going through. I couldn't put the book down. I think I've read it 30 or 40 times and each time I'm more moved. This book is full of predictions into our future. Read between the lines. If this book doesn't terrify you, then you don't understand it. Go back to reading Dr. Seuss

Posts: 2 | Location: Wheelersburg, Ohio U.S. | Registered: 29 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. I think there is suspense at several levels. What is Montag going to do? How far will he go? What will happen with the Faber experiment? How does his conflict with Beatty unfold? Where will he go intellectually? When will the stolen books in his house get him in trouble? Will Midred betray him? How? When? What will be the result? How is the scene going to unfold where he pulls the books out and reads in front of Mildred's friends? What will happen during the chase after he kills Montag? I think there is plenty of suspense.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well at first i thought this book was boring and dull. Then i got into it and it got better and better. There were moments were i had to make myself read and turn the pages, but also points were i could not put it down. I had to read it and read it, and then time flyed when moments were like that. Overall i liked the book, it made me think of what if the future was like this, and many books dont make you do that. I also liked the fact that this book is far from anything i have read. The mechanical dog and all. This book is one that i think everyone should read at a point in there life.

Posts: 4 | Location: Lemont, Il, USA | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't say that I loathed the book but I didn't like it either. It was boring but the message was good. One of them was If everybody was equal the world wouldn't make much sense. Although I thought it was kind of weird that the lady would commit suicide over some books. All in all I thought the book was alright not good but all right.

Posts: 3 | Location: lemont/IL/U.S.A. | Registered: 30 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It depends on what kind of suspense you mean, but there were times when the book was dull and other times where i couldn't stop reading. There was suspense, maybe you just didn't catch unto it.

Posts: 6 | Location: Lemont, Il, US | Registered: 31 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
alright personally i think suspense only comes if you want it. I mean if you don't care how are you supposed to feel excited. so don't complain if you just look at the words.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post