Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Story Title
 Login/Join

posted
I'm trying to find a story I read years ago about a couple who has their first baby, which turns out to be, I think, a blue triangle. Does anyone know what story that is, and which book it might be in? Thanks.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know the title of your story but hopefully you won't mind if I post my own request on here as well? I'm trying to find the name of a story I read about a home that was completely voice controlled and the two children had a playroom where they could tell the room to become any place they wanted to go. They most often went to Africa. But they spent so much time in the room the parents became concerned and were going to "turn off the house" and the children rebelled against them. I don't want to give away the ending but hopefully I've given enough info to spark some recognition of the title from someone?? Smiler

Posts: 2 | Location: Brea, CA, USA | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://veddma.narod.ru/Veldt.htm
I think this is the story you're looking for.

posted Hide Post
Yes!!!! Thank you so much!! I've been wondering what it was called for years!!!!!

Posts: 2 | Location: Brea, CA, USA | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first story has been published as "The Shape of Things" and appears as "Tomorrow's Child" in "I Sing the Body Electric!"

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. Seems to be a hard book to locate, at least locally.
I'm looking forward to reading it again.

posted Hide Post
This story "The Veldt" is from the Illustrated Man. It is the first illustration that "comes to life" and is witnessed by the young traveller who meets the I. M.

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 12-17-2001).]

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is also a short film on video of the Veldt made in the early seventies. You might check your local University Media selection to see if they might have it?

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post