New
Find
Notify
Tools

Farenheit 451
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
fpj451,

Thanks for the quote from the book. For the sake of discussion, if it was a nuclear bomb, why didn't Bradbury plainly say so? Surely was capable of plainly writing that if that was his intention.

Best Wishes.

Posts: 83 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 11 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Because he's a poet!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well said!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok guys. Here's a riddle for you that I heard Bono and his U2 mates talk about. The riddle is this.

"How do you dismantle an atomic bomb?"

Answer to follow after a few of you give some guesses.

Best Wishes.

BH

Posts: 83 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 11 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blind Henry:
"How do you dismantle an atomic bomb?"

Carefully.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic,

Carefully for sure, but not the correct answer to the riddle.

Anyone else care to guess?

BH

posted Hide Post
Bueller? Bueller? Bueller....?

posted Hide Post
You mean, like in Ferris?

Then it must be the song Bueller sings:

~Shake it up Baby, Twist and Shout!~

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ooZzAhYeH0A&feature=related

That's how you dismantle an Atomic Bomb.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,

Ferris Bueller exactly! I was feeling like Ben Stein in Ferris Bueller's Day Off when he kept calling Bueller's name during role call, but nobody repsonded. By the way, I love that movie and Twist and Shout is my favorite Beatles song right up there with Norweigan Wood.

Back to the question.

According to Bono and his U2 band mates "How do you dismantle an atomic bomb?"

The answer: "With love."

I wonder if Bradbury would agree?