Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twilight Zone
 Login/Join

posted
Which twilight zone episodes did Ray Bradbury have involvement with?

Posts: 16 | Registered: 10 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Officially, one, "I Sing the Body Electric!"

Unofficially, possibly four, give or take, and depending on who you believe. As far as has been given us to know, it is hashed over in this thread here: http://www.raybradbury.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000977.html which contains links to articles on the subject. As for the rest of Ray's side of the story, that will have to wait till Sam Weller's book appears.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless you're counting the 1980s revival of the series, in which case there are two more:

The Burning Man - adapted by J.D.Feigelson with Ray's personal blessing;

The Elevator - screenplay by Ray.

- Phil

[This message has been edited by philnic (edited 06-13-2004).]

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm off to the Twilight Zone thingy!

From Mystery & Imagination:

This coming Sunday, December 12th from 2-4 pm:

We will be celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Original Twilight Zones.
Six famous Twilight Zone personalities will talk and sign.
There will be raffles, various people said they would be donating fun items to the bookstore to win in a raffle, including a signed copy of the Serling MAD MEN spec by Marc Zicree( http://blastr.com/2010/12/star...-writers-amazing.php ) Raffle tickets are $5 each, for attendees $6 each for non-attendees.
There will be displays: Anyone may bring items for display only to be placed in the showcase upstairs for the event.
There will be a talk and a question & Answer session.
The World's Twilight Zone expert (who was put to the world-wide question test, live, on NPR for 3 hours last year), screenwriter, author, and writing mentor:
Marc Zicree.

Director Robert Butler (who directed George Takei in the TWILIGHT ZONE episode "The Encounter")

Actress Arlene Martell (TWILIGHT ZONE, OUTER LIMITS, Spock's Love in STAR TREK).

Multi-award winning Author, Dennis Etchison (Who wrote over 100 Twilight Zone radio scripts).

George Clayton Johnson, author, screenwriter, and Crème de le crème of the original T-zone screenwriters (whose t-zone script Spielberg recently picked to make a movie).

Earl Hammer, author screenwriter (original T-zone author and author of The Waltons)

Get all 4 authors plus the actress and the director to sign the book THE TWILIGHT ZONE COMPANION. by Marc Zicree. Thick Trade Paperback, second edition. $15.95.
Or get: Johnson, George Clayton. TWILIGHT ZONE: Scripts & Stories. Trade Paperback, second edition. Contains: All of Us Are Dying (story); Execution (story); A Penny for Your Thoughts (story & script); The Prime Mover (story); Nothing in the Dark (story & script); A Game of Pool (script); Kick the Can (story & script); Ninety Years Without Slumbering (story). $19.99
Six autographs make for a very special gift! Pre-orders for the books are being taken now. Order to be shipped or to pick up at the bookshop.

LOS ANGELES NOIR has just won the ONE BOOK ONE CITY award for Glendale. It has wonderful original stories set in L.A. We also have the sequel, Los Angeles Noir 2 in new trade paperback. Both are signed by the Award winner, editor and contributor, Denise Hamilton. They are in later printings at new price. $15.95. We have many others in the various city Noir series, which features original stories, rich in local atmosphere.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
I'm off to the Twilight Zone thingy!

From Mystery & Imagination:

This coming Sunday, December 12th from 2-4 pm:

That's a long way for you to travel, Doug. You might want to stop off in a small town on the way. A stop at Willoughby is good, I hear.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
That's a long way for you to travel, Doug. You might want to stop off in a small town on the way. A stop at Willoughby is good, I hear.

One hour's drive!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish I were only an hour away. That sounds like it would have been a wonderful event. Sadly, it's difficult to make such a trip. Is there a way on these boards to find out when other events are planned a little more in advance?

Posts: 16 | Location: Greentown | Registered: 22 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ann Taylor:
I wish I were only an hour away. That sounds like it would have been a wonderful event. Sadly, it's difficult to make such a trip. Is there a way on these boards to find out when other events are planned a little more in advance?
If people don't object maybe the guy who helps out at such events could post a few non-Ray related tidbits in advance?

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That'd be great!

Posts: 16 | Location: Greentown | Registered: 22 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
If people don't object maybe the guy who helps out at such events could post a few non-Ray related tidbits in advance?

But aren't you that guy?!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
LOL! Don't play with the new girl. She'll just get confused, gather up her crayons, and run home. Wink Really, though, it would be helpful to get notifications, so thank you to "that guy".

posted Hide Post
Oh, and how was it, Doug Spaulding? Inquiring minds...

posted Hide Post
Yes, post any events of interest even if only tangentially related to Ray.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, tell us Doug! We've come to expect a full written report, supported by detailed photographic and video evidence!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:

Yes, tell us Doug! We've come to expect a full written report, supported by detailed photographic and video evidence!

I think I got one photo.

"Live Forever!"