Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Out of the Dust Returned

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Out of the Dust Returned
 Login/Join

posted
I have just read Bradbury's Out of the Dust Returned. In my opinion, it was the best Horror story I have ever read. The way he twisted the words into to convey exactly what he wanted to say without restraint was simply genius. I enjoyed his unique approach to the super-natural. Any other thoughts?
SIGNED: THE MUSE

Posts: 8 | Location: california | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is "From The Dust Returned" And it was a good book

Posts: 6 | Registered: 24 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The book was very good I like your view on the book and agree. Im reading the book for the second time. The book is a little confusing for those that just started reading it though so you should start with Fahrenheit 451 so you can get used to his terminology.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 24 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've just read it for the first time and will read it many more times in the future. It is now my favorite. It left me dumb struck and hungry for more. It is by far the best horror story that I have ever read.

Posts: 3 | Location: La Porte, Indiana USA | Registered: 01 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my first full length Bradbury reads - I've been going through his short stories. Is this really a horror story? I never thought of it that way til reading these posts.

[This message has been edited by Miss Piggy (edited 10-01-2003).]

Posts: 21 | Registered: 12 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Miss Piggy after reading your post I thought about it and I believe horror is the wrong descriptive word for this story. I looked it up and horror means: a painful emotion of fear, dread, and repulsion. So I thought about it and I decided that Occult would be a better word to describe this story...Afterall it means: mysterious, supernatural, secret, and magical. I hope that you agree with me.

[This message has been edited by spyffi (edited 10-07-2003).]

Posts: 3 | Location: La Porte, Indiana USA | Registered: 01 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post