Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Favourite Cover Art

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favourite Cover Art
 Login/Join

posted
What's some of your favourite artwork for various and sundry Bradbury covers? For some, the cover art is often as anticipated as the stories (although not me, to be sure!). As the cover art selections eventually fade away, perhaps we could continue posting different Bradbury-inspired images.

Although the original hardcover is wonderful, I think I really enjoy this version of Dandelion Wine. philnic might think it slightly fairy-story-like, I don't know. Smiler

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A great topic. There are so many wonderful covers binding various editions of Ray's books... so many!

Here is one of my favorites:

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...philnic might think it slightly fairy-story-like, I don't know. Smiler...

Yes, I do. It's a great piece of work, but I think it misleads about the content and tone of the book.

The one posted by djmonolith also misleads plotwise (no hangings in DW that I recall), but I find the tone matches some of the book.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A toss up for me (though there are sooo many great RB covers!):

http://aok2.lib.umbc.edu/speco.../illustrated_man.jpg

and, of course,

http://archive.liveauctioneers.../13452/0003_1_lg.jpg

(How do you guys put actual photos up vs. the site address!?)

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've said it before, but this is my favourite:

The book itself is ablaze!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
How do you guys put actual photos up vs. the site address!?

Imageshack.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post