Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Need to know!!!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need to know!!!
 Login/Join

posted
Many years ago (early eighties), I was going on a train ride and bought a book in the station by Ray Bradbury. I have gone on every online bookstores' site and cannot find the book based on the descriptions given. Some stories include the character "The Douser", one about a man whose ex-wife kills him (he is a hemophiliac), another where a very young infant kills it's Mother and Father. I remember the book to be wonderful and want to get another copy of it, but apparently Ray Bradbury has written several collections of short stories. If someone knows, please let me know...wllives@yahoo.com. Thank you.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are looking for a paperback collection of Ray's short stories written for the mystery pulp magazines in the 1940's called, A MEMORY OF MURDER and published by Dell in the 1980's (sadly, it has never been published in hardcover). The story about the hemophiliac is "A Careful Man Dies." Of course, the story about the murderous baby is one of Ray's most famous and scary, "The Small Assassin." You should be able to find a copy on the Advanced Book Exchange. Just click on the following link and do a search by author and book title.
http://www.abebooks.com

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 11-23-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 11-23-2003).]

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't believe I JUST read your reply! I apologize for not checking sooner! Thank you so much for the information Smiler

Posts: 2 | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, nearly eleven years to read a reply. Must be a record!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a good one! On some boards that would be known as a zombie thread!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're welcome, Whitl. (And I'm happy I'm still around 11 years later to say you're welcome!)

Posts: 2438 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post