Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    I am trying to find this story in print

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am trying to find this story in print
 Login/Join

posted
The story was published in an October Twilight Zone magazine in the mid to late 80's. It was a Halloween story, very sweet and sad, about a boy and girl who were both kind of outcasts, but became good friends. They both liked Lovecraft and were planning thier Halloween costumes when the the girl became ill and died. The boy decides to go trick or treating anyway and then gave all his candy to her by placing it on her grave. In the morning, all the black licorice was back in his room, it was her least favorite kind of candy. I have not seen this story in any of his complilations. It would fit in any of the October country books. Unfortunately I have lost that copy of the Twilight Zone. Can anyone help or remember this story?

Posts: 3 | Location: Haughton, Louisiana | Registered: 24 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It does sound Bradburyesque but I have not heard of it.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good morning, Dandelion! You're up early. If you're looking for Santa, you're in for a long wait. He's over here right now.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't recognise the story from the description. There is a full set of TZ Magazine covers here:

http://www.philsp.com/mags/twilight_zone.html

Perhaps seeing the cover will remind you which issue it was in, and then we can try to find the contents of the issue from that.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link Phil, I will look. I think I may have done this already in the past as I stumbled on the site looking for this story. I do remember it was in a fall issue, so I only looked in those (Sep, Oct, Nov). It's worth a shot to look again.

Posts: 3 | Location: Haughton, Louisiana | Registered: 24 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post