Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    I have a favorite. I just don't remember what it's called.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have a favorite. I just don't remember what it's called.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Nard, you have GOT to be kidding. We all assumed you were a walking Bradbury encyclopedia!

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion:
Finding that golden thread that runs thru Ray's gift pretty much lets you get a grip on his stories as a whole. And that golden thread is a vibrating string of magic.

But when Ray says that his stories come forth from a twelve year old boy that he once was that dictates his stories, there is only a brief amount of truth in that. When I was twelve, I realized that I would never get it together, but that my older self would rescue me. That was an enormous relief to me, even tho I often forgot about it. But years alter, I remembered. And my older self did rescue and continues to rescue that certainly damned twelve year old. But the driving force behind it all isn't me, or that lost twelve year old boy.

When I originally mentioned the method of my first discovery to Ray... to Ray himself... he dismissed with the words, "I don't believe it."

If I didn't go after the meaning behind that first connection of Bradbury thru the later passing years, I never would have made it here to this simple wood pile of internet-chat to convey that experience. Simple events sometimes are never spoken of because, without pursuit, they develop no meaning at all!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
And that golden thread is a vibrating string of magic.

You've just described life!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post