Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    LET'S ALL KILL CONSTANCE

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LET'S ALL KILL CONSTANCE
 Login/Join

posted
it was a dark and stormy night...only Ray Bradbury...anyone who hasn't picked this one up, go out and read it...the man does it again...pure magic

Posts: 2 | Location: san antonio TX 78211-3735 | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm about half way through and loving every page of it. I like some of his sly references, such as to King of Kings and Fahrenheit 451. They made me laugh out loud, causing the people at the next table in the coffee shop where I was reading to jump and look at me like I was some kind of crazy lady. Perhaps they've never had the pleasure of finding such a great author that can make them so happy. Poor souls... Anyway, Constance is a great book, and I can't wait to get back to it tonight!

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Proud to say I'm the first to check it out of the MSAC college library. Not that I won't want to add it to my permanenet collection eventually. I agree with what you said about the references to Fahrenheit, etc. The english language is once again forged into poetic mastery, making it a definite must-read! Darn funny too. I LOVE the Fritz Lang character who shows up in Ray's stories every now and then.

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finished Constance yesterday and then reread some parts. I really loved every minute of it!! It's sad, it's funny, it's suspenseful-- a little of everything.

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post