Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    "A Story About Love" McCall's 1951

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"A Story About Love" McCall's 1951
 Login/Join

posted
I read this short story, "A Story About Love" in college and I really thought it was wonderful. Does anyone know where I can get, or at least view, a copy of this short story? Is it published in any collections other than the 1951 McCall's magazine? I would really appreciate any help that I can get. Please e-mail me. Thanks!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JayWright

There is a story entitled, ''A Story of Love''
in Bradbury's large volume of collected works:

"The Stories of Ray Bradbury"
published by Alfred A. Knopf

If it is the story you are looking for, it begins with these exact words:

'That was the week Ann Taylor came to teach summer school at Green Town Central. It was the summer of her twenty-fourth birthday, and it was the summer when Bob Spaulding was just fourteen.'

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It also appeared in the "Reader's Digest" and is collected in "Long After Midnight."

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent Read. One of my favorites.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post