Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    illustrated man/something wicked connection?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

illustrated man/something wicked connection?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi! I just finished Something Wicked This Way Comes, and i thought it was very good (the 'final battle' with mr. dark was sort of dissapointing and unexciting though). I have not read Mr. Bradbury's book "The Illustrated Man". Does this have anything to do with the 'illustrated man' in (or anything else involving) Something Wicked?

"The drain of talent - pure talent - from one single department, Feature Animation, has been absolutely gut-wrenching in the past year. People are being asked to leave because management - meaning Michael Eisner - can't figure out what to do with them. That is not the fault of the talent... it's the fault of management." <br />�Roy E. Disney <br /><br />savedisney.com<br />for future generations

Posts: 47 | Location: wilmington, DE, USA | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes.

The illustrated man is tattooed from head to toe. His tattooes tell stories while he sleeps. This was done to him by a witch from a traveling fair.

Posts: 102 | Location: El Paso, TX. USA | Registered: 04 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bradbury will get hold of a phrase he likes and use it in several different forms, sometimes related, sometimes not, sometimes debatable. This could be among the debatable ones, especially since the themes of the tattoos on the Illustrated Man in the short story collection are potentially infinite.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post