Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    This one Short that keeps escaping me

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This one Short that keeps escaping me
 Login/Join

posted
Hiya,

I'm trying to track down this short story that I read years ago. It was published in a French edition of collected shorts.
The story deals with a writer whose Typewriter starts talking/typing to him. n reality it is a princess from the future who wants the writer to kill a politician who will become a dictator in the future and enslave her...

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Posts: 1 | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That one's called "Tomorrow and Tomorrow". I've got it in a book called "Time Untamed" (1965) which includes stories by some of my other favourites like Sturgeon, Simak & Leiber. It was originally published in the pulp mag; Fantastic Adventures, May 1947.

Cheers!

Posts: 3 | Location: Vancouver | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never read that one, it sounds really cool.

Zang, you've got good taste. Simak and Sturgeon are two of my favorites as well.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
grasstains: It's alright, not one of Ray's best, but still pretty good.

I just discovered this site yesterday. I've hunted around for something for fans of vintage Sci-Fi, without much luck. For years, I primarily read Philip K. Dick and Kurt Vonnegut Jr.. More recently, I started exploring some more authors. For the past couple of years, I've really been getting into Ray Bradbury, Theodore Sturgeon, Lewis Padgett (AKA Henry Kuttner & C.L. Moore), Clifford D. Simak & Fritz Leiber. Ray's stuff stands out above the rest, though. I was blown away by "The Martian Chronicles". I really like some of his non-genre stuff too, like some of the stories in "A Medicine for Melancholy".

What are some of your favourite books/stories/authors?

I just finished Simak's "Over The River and Through the Woods". The title-story, "Neighbor" and "The Big Front Yard" were among the best I've read of his short stories.

Posts: 3 | Location: Vancouver | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post