Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Trunk Lady/Candy Skull

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trunk Lady/Candy Skull
 Login/Join

posted
Recall, more than 30 years ago, my 5th grade teacher being a fanatic Bradbury fan. She would conclude each class with parts of a Bradbury short story. My favorites were Trunk Lady and Candy Skull. How can I get reprints of these? Spoke to Mr. Bradbury on campus of the University of San Diego in 1979-80 and he said he vaguely remembers writing them. Any help?

Posts: 1 | Location: Riverside,CA | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did a search for the two stories and I am not sure if this is what you are seeking but I did find a book of various short stories w. "Candy skull" by ray Bradbury listed as one of them. "MASTERS OF HORROR" 1968 Norton, Alden H. (editor)One way to find it is do a search on Bookfinder.com. I only saw one copy.

I also found, edited by the same person, another book, this one w. "The Trunk Lady" listed, it is also a collection of short stories and is called "HORROR TIMES TEN" You can find a copy of this also by searching bookfinder, I also saw only one copy of this.

I do hope this helps )

Posts: 4 | Registered: 11 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both stories can be found in Ray's short story collection, A MEMORY OF MURDER, published as a paperback by Dell in the 1980's. It consists of stories he wrote for the mystery pulp magazines in the 1940's. You should be able to find copies quite easily on the Advanced Book Exchange at http://www.abe.com

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post