Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Cast for Fahrenheit 451 Remake
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cast for Fahrenheit 451 Remake
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grasstains:
I WARNED YOU!!!

Montag - Popeye
Clarisse - Olive Oyle
Captain Beatty - Brutusk
Mildred - The Sea Hag
Faber - Poopdeck Pappy
Granger - Wimpy
The Hound - Sweet Pea
The Firemen - Goons

Lol! I could see the goons playing firemen.

Posts: 38 | Location: wilmington, DE, USA | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Montag-Jimmy Stewart
Millie-Judy Garland
Clarisse-Janet Leigh
Beatty-Orson Welles
Faber-Laurance Olivier
they might be kind of hard to get, because they are all quite famous :-)

Posts: 38 | Location: wilmington, DE, USA | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And, I believe, all quite dead.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gee--an animation-challenged casting call. Wouldn't that be interesting. . .

[This message has been edited by ravenswake (edited 02-05-2005).]

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
patrask:

Dead? Heck, I just saw them all on TV last week in movies.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, we all believe - in ghosts. I see them all the time on TV. Some are very much better than the Live talent of today, eh?

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Laurence Olivier was in Sky Captain in the World of Tomorrow, made in 2004, wasn't he? :-).

(you should all see that movie; very under-rated.)

posted Hide Post
arien dali, YES! YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!! Thank you. Erm...hello everyone.

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, okay. Stop beating me up for my choice as Clarisse. The truth is I'm totally out of touch with today's stars. The only reason I know about Avril and Hillary is because my 12 year old son has a crush on them. I did see Avril on SATURDAY NITE LIVE last year and she seemed to be full of positive energy, or was it just teenage angst. She sang a song called SK8TR BOY.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone considered the Simpsons or even the Flintstones? MixedSignals46

Posts: 28 | Location: Beach Park, Il. U.S.A. | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that "PoopF*&$" guy is right... That would be an interesting cast alright. That's a very offensive name though. Maybe you should drink some dish soap and call me in the morning PoopF*&$... MixedSignals46

Posts: 28 | Location: Beach Park, Il. U.S.A. | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's one I came up with the other day:

Montag: Homer Simpson
Mildred: Marge
Clarisse: Lisa
Beatty: Chief Wiggum
Faber: Prof. Frink
Granger: Flanders? Apu? Snake?
The White Clown: Krusty the Klown
Misc. Firemen: Lou and Eddie (the regular cops) and Lenny and Carl
The Mechanical Hound: Ralph Wiggum ~ "I'm a doggy with poison in my mouth!"

I'm not sure about Granger, it could go a couple different ways, depending on how you wanted to play the character. I think the rest fit perfectly!

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Groon,

"I'm a doggy with poison in my mouth!"

Brilliant. I'm a big fan of THE SIMPSONS. The last couple of years they've really gotten out of hand with the sexual innuendos and naughty word-play. I can't believe they're able to maintain the family friendly time-slot they have.

===========================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandedion, I had no idea! Wow, what a poem. What other talents lie unmasked?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
grasstains - are you serious?! Hillary Duff or Avril Lavigne? Oh no, my friend...
Scarlett Johanneson (sure I slaughtered that name) or Thora Birch should play Clarisse. They would do good. (yes, they're both in Ghost World)

"I gave you hope that became a disappointment...this is an alright start" - Sigur Ros

Posts: 6 | Location: Missouri, U.S. | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post